Milk with high economic value is commonly adulterated with milk from species of lower cost. This adulteration is especially important for cheese makers, due to unknown milk mixtures produce changes in the final sensory properties and reduce the product quality. Besides, pure cheese cannot contain milk from other species.
ELISA test to detect the presence of cow’s milk in sheep’s milk or cheese and in goat´s milk and cheese.
• Non-competitive ELISA test
• Qualitative or quantitative test
• Samples extraction not needed
• High sensitivity and specificity
Kits of 96 and 960 tests (1 and 10 plates)
Milk and cheese
• 0.01% of the mixture in milk
• 0.5% of the mixture in cheese
Photometric reading at 450 nm