Bivalves molluscs can very efficiently accumulate toxins from the algae that they eat and their consumption can infect the consumers. Among the different types of toxins found in shellfish, those producing Amnesic Shellfish Poisoning (ASP) are the ones contaminated with domoic acid.
Domotest is a ELISA kit for detection of ASP (Domoic acid) group in bivalve molluscs. Human consumption of shellfish contaminated with domoic acid causes Amnesic Shellfish Poisoning (ASP). The European Union, Regulation (EC) no 853/2004 stipulates that live bivalve mollusks must not contain DA in total quantity that exceeds a limit of 20 mg DA per kilogram. DomoTest is an immunoenzymatic test performed in a 96 microtiter plate for detection of domoic acid in shellfish such as oysters, scallops and mussels.
|Detection of ASP (Domoic acid) group in bivalve molluscs|
- Fast: 41 samples in about 1 hour
- Simple: One step assay after extraction
- Quantitative: Working range: 2 - 80 mg/Kg
- Suitable for: Bivalve Molluscs
- Kit presentation: 96 tests kits
- Equipment: Microtiter plate reader at 450 nm